Tuesday, June 21, 2011

OFFICIAL!! SENAD LULIC HAS SIGNED FOR LAZIO

 
Bosnian star Senad Lulic has signed for Lazio. As expected, the 25 year-old has left Young Boys in Switzerland to join forces with Edy Reja's charges in Rome.

"This is the most important moment in my career. I am glad to be here in Rome and to play for Lazio. For me, it is a dream, Lazio are a famous club, this is beautiful."
 
Comparisons have been drawn with Aleksandar Kolarov, another player from the Balkans who plays in a very similar vain to Lulic. Senad appears to be at ease with the hype: "It is not only him I am compared to. I play like I play, then we will see who is better, it will be a long season starting on 7th July. My role is not what is important, I can attack or defend, let's see what the coach wants to do."

Lulic was rather modest when discussing his own personal targets: "My goals? I am not sure, both league (Serie A) and cup (Europa League) are important, cup might be more important than Serie A, we should not underestimate these competitions but simply try to go as far as possible."
 
Another important point that the media picked up on was the high standard of Senad's Italian. The player is clearly comfortable with the language; it is hard to envisage any misunderstandings in the dressing room.

Lulic has signed a five-year deal. The expectancy now is that Abdoulaye Konko may sign for Lazio regardless of what happens with Lichtsteiner. Lotito was in Milan to discuss transfers and reports suggest he spent much of that time with the agent of Marchetti. Edy Reja has given the green light to the deal but with Muslera on international duty, any deal may take quite a while to be completed.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment