Tuesday, July 19, 2011

OFFICIAL!! FEDERICO MARCHETTI JOINED TO LAZIO




Former Cagliari goalkeeper, Federico Marchetti completed his medical in Rome and has officially signed for Lazio to be the first goalkeeper of Biancoceleste replace the position of Fernando Muslera, because the Uruguayan has moved to Galatasaray as part of the swap transfer between him and the Albanian winger Lorik Cana.
Lazio has beaten competition from teams such as Milan and Juventus and released the players from his Cagliari contract by meeting the buy-out clause set at €5.2 million, which will be paid in three installments. Marchetti himself is believed to be netting €1 million per year.



The prime goalkeeper of Italy national team in World Cup of South Afica 2010 told after his medical: "To me this is the end of a nightmare. I chose Lazio because there is an important project in place, so I always wanted this transfer. It is a great chance".
Marchetti added: "The national team is my goal. What counts is a good start to the season with Lazio. Then there will be time to think about la nazionale, I definately want to wear the azzurri shirt again since it's been a year since I last did".
Marchetti was finally asked about his condition considering he hasn't played for a year: "I have great enthusiasm, I'm fine physically. I always trained to play because I always had a clear conscience and I'm ready to get started".


No comments:

Post a Comment