Friday, May 27, 2011

SUCCEED TO WIN, BUT FAILED TO REACH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

This is the last fixture of Lazio in Serie A season 2010/2011. Lazio travelled to city of Lecce to faced the home team with a hope to get the last ticket to the qualification of Champions League next season. But only a victory is not quite enough to get it. They still hoped that Milan will able to win over Udinese.


So, the first mission of Edy Reja's boys is to get a victory against Lecce. In this game, Lazio got lead in early minute after Il Capitano Tomasso Rocchi scored the first goal in minute 7. But  after that Lecce player Manuel Coppola chipping the ball over Muslera, who was left stranded by a mistimed run against the ball, for an equalizer in minute 33. Two minutes later though, Mauro Zarate linked up beautifully with Tommaso Rocchi and the lively Argentinian pushed Lazio back in the lead.



Ignacio Piatti made the second equalizer in minute 41 and the score has changed 2-2. After that, Lazio have conquered the game. Their rampage started in minute 54 when Tomasso Rocchi is fouled by the Lecce goalkeeper. Then, Lazio given a penalty kick by the referee. This time, Mauro Zarate took the penalty kick well and made the score 3-2. And then, in minute 62 Giuseep Vives score an own goal into his team's net. It's the last goal of this game. Final score of this game is 4-2.
Meanwhile, in another fixture in Milan city, Milan only share a point with Udinese with no goal match. Then, with one point added in this last fixture, Udinese got the last ticket to the Champion League qualification next season.
With those results, Lazio took the fifth position in final classification of Serie A this season. Biancoceleste will take part in Europa League next season. "Unfortunate, I still think we had a good season." The words of Lazio captain Rocchi, who spent most of the season on the sidelines, firtsly due to tactical issues then a long injury. "We were in the Campions League league positions until the last round and it would have been nice to have made it. The season was still positive". 

Rocchi returned from injury a few weeks ago and scored some decisive goals ensuring Lazio held onto 5th place. "I am happy for my return after injury, and am happy with my last performance. My future? I never thought of leaving Lazio, I have two years left on my contract. I think I've proved I can play and give my contribution to the team. I wish I had more space but it's up to me to prove it on the field".
Even Lazio failed to get the last ticket to the Champions League, but I am really sure that Laziales from all over the world proud with Lazio's rise this season. Good Job Biancoceleste! Fly higher in the next season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment